The FD-248 is from our outdoor collection. With a 3.5″ blade and overall length of 8″ it is a perfect daily carry. The blade is made of Damascus in the twist pattern. The handle is made of thin layers of wood glued together to add stability and durability in the wood in addition to the beauty. It is ergonomically designed and integrates the thumb rest in the top of the blade to allow for better blade control. This knife feels really good in the hand. The knife will also feature a hand stitched leather sheath that will hold the knife by your side comfortably.
- Comfortable in the hand. The handle fits an average man size hand. It is ergonomically formed for a solid grip so the knife is comfortable in the hand.
- Fixed blade with full tang design. The blade runs all the way through the knife so it has maximum strength. We chose to go with a double brass riveted handle that features a butt lanyard hole so you can tie it off when needed. This knife is made for tough cutting situations.
- Manageable, functional blades. The 3.5″ elegantly designed blade works well for any of your outdoor needs. Overall the knife is 8″. The combination of the sweeping cut edge and the defined point makes this knife a great skinner if need be and the beautiful form makes it a show piece to be proud of owning.
- High carbon steel. As we have done for years, we make these knives from fine Damascus steel, layered high carbon blend, maximizing flexibility and durability. Our blend holds an edge longer than other brands. One reminder, with high carbon steel you must keep this blade dry while storing otherwise it will rust. You must remember to keep a rag and oil in your kit to maintain the blade. If there is to ever be a slight rust issue it is easily fixed with light sanding.
- Leather sheath. All outdoor Bliss knives come with a sheath for safe storage. This knife was made for the outdoorsman. You will want it close at hand on your belt. It has a belt loop if you do take it to the field.This knife is made to order and will take approximately 3-5 weeks to finish.
This knife is made to order and will take approximately 3-5 weeks to finish.
We at Bliss Knife Works fully stand behind every knife with the guarantee that it will last forever. That is our promise in bringing you the highest quality knives available. (See our warranty and disclaimer here).
This knife, if maintained well, will last a lifetime. (See care recommendations here).