This is our 7-1/2″ Classic Santoku out of the Classic 4 Piece Set. This is a Japanese style chef knife. It is our personal favorite as well. This knife has an angled blade made for fast, efficient mincing as well as slicing. The blade is long enough to make large cuts; however, it can still handle more intricate jobs such as peeling and de-boning. We designed this knife with several local Indianapolis chefs to make sure that it works well.
- Comfortable in the hand. The Bliss handle design is one widely loved. Chefs around the world prefer this handle because it accommodates hands large and small hands without straining the wrist. The handle is triple riveted with a brass bolster and butt for ultimate strength and sculpted to lock the hand in place for safety.
- Fixed blade with full tang design. Every good kitchen knife should feature a full-tang design. This ensures ultimate strength and performance. It also provides the knife with a lifelong guarantee.
- Manageable, functional blades. The 7-1/2” blade of the classic Santoku is a perfect example of Bliss quality. This blade is 2.5mm thick, meaning the blade is well weighted and manageable. It provides top strength and an edge that will last longer than any other knife you’ll own. This is the most important features of a good kitchen knife; that is what Bliss provides.
- High carbon steel. As we have done for years, we make these knives from fine Damascus steel layered to blend of the steels and maximize flexibility and durability. Our blend holds an edge longer than other brands. One reminder, with high carbon steel you must keep this blade dry while storing otherwise it will rust. You must remember to keep a rag and oil in your kit for maintain the blade. If there is to ever be a slight rust issue it is easily fixed with light sanding.
- Leather case. Bliss recently announced that all cutlery knives will feature leather casing. The classic Santoku will feature a leather case that will provide the knife with a safe place to store for years to come.
These knives are made to order and take approximately 3-5 weeks until it is finished. View full set here.
We at Bliss Knife Works fully stand behind every knife with the guarantee that it will last forever. That is our promise in bringing you the highest quality knives available. (See our warranty and disclaimer here).
This knife, if maintained well, will last a lifetime. (See care recommendations here).