The BT-247 is a custom version of our Sk-247 knife inspired by our friend at Buffalo Trace Distillery. It has become one of our best sellers. The addition of the pinky hole gives you total control and the ability to maintain a firm grip on the knife, it won’t slip away from your hand position. The function has a wide range of use, from skinning to simply peeling fruit, and with a medium size of 9-1/2 inches it makes an all-round perfect knife.
- Comfortable in the hand. We chose to go with a rounded, triple riveted handle that features red mosaic pins and a darker rosewood. The handle is large so that it can accommodate any sized hand, the featured pinky hole guarantees absolutely no slip when cutting. No matter what you will use the knife for, it is very comfortable and well balanced in the hand.
- Fixed blade with full tang design. The blade runs all the way through the knife so it has top strength. A hunting knife needs to be as tough as possible. It is also more secure and controlled in a tough cutting situation.
- Manageable, functional blades. This blade is 5″ inches in length. The drop point features a more controllable point with a larger belly perfect for slicing. As a drop point the tip is much stronger than an average knife. Perfect for tough usage. The reason a drop point is preferred for hunting is because the lower blade makes it easier to avoid piercing organs when field dressing or skinning.
- High carbon steel. As we have done for years, we make these knives from fine Damascus steel layered to blend of the steels and maximize flexibility and durability. Our blend holds an edge longer than other brands. One reminder, with high carbon steel you must keep this blade dry while storing otherwise it will rust. You must remember to keep a rag and oil in your kit for maintain the blade. If there is to ever be a slight rust issue it is easily fixed with light sanding.
- Leather sheath. All outdoor Bliss knives come with a sheath for safe storage. It also features a belt loop if you ever intended to carry it.
This knife is made to order and will take approximately 3-5 weeks until it is finished.
We at Bliss Knife Works fully stand behind every knife with the guarantee that it will last forever. That is our promise in bringing you the highest quality knives available. (See our warranty and disclaimer here).
This knife, if maintained well, will last a lifetime. (See care recommendations here)