The BS-203 was designed and built for a purpose: skinning. The design originated primarily for skinning primarily beaver. It is inherently ideal for skinning just about any animal you need. This blade is convex edge with a Damascus Twist pattern, one of the most detailed patterns we do. This tool is made to make processing an animal easier than ever. Any hunter (or friend of a hunter) one who purchases this knife will be making a great investment for their outdoor sport.
- Comfortable in the hand. The handle of the BS-203 is smaller yet very accommodating. It is a great size for a purpose built skinning knife. It features a walnut handle with brass pins and a lanyard hole.
- Fixed blade with full tang design. The blade runs all the way through the knife so it has top strength. A hunting knife needs to be as tough as possible. It is also more secure and controlled in a tough cutting situation.
- Manageable, functional blades. This blade is 4-1/2” long. That length allows for deft handling when skinning and still provides the length and leverage needed for processing an animal. This blade can be used on a wide range of skinning situations. One of the original design consultants used it specifically for skinning beaver. After more testing we noticed it can be used on plenty of other animals. If you need a purpose built, quality skinning blade look no further than the BS-203.
- High carbon steel. As we have done for years, we make these knives from fine Damascus steel layered to blend of the steels and maximize flexibility and durability. Our blend holds an edge longer than other brands. One reminder, with high carbon steel you must keep this blade dry while storing otherwise it will rust. You must remember to keep a rag and oil in your kit for maintain the blade. If there is to ever be a slight rust issue it is easily fixed with light sanding.
- Leather sheath. All outdoor Bliss knives come with a sheath for safe storage. It also features a belt loop if you ever intended to carry it.
This knife is currently in stock and will ship after ordering.
We at Bliss Knife Works fully stand behind every knife with the guarantee that its craftsmanship will last forever. That is our promise in bringing you the highest quality knives available. (See our warranty and disclaimer here).
This knife, if maintained well, will last a lifetime. (See care recommendations here).