The Bliss Ulu, this style of knife is more famous for starting in Alaska where it was used for all purposes from cleaning and skinning animals, cutting hair and even used as an ice pick. When we originally spoke with a client about the design he informed us that a good Ulu knife such as ours will replace every other knife. It can be a Chef knife, skinning knife or even cleaver. This makes our Bliss Ulu a very multi purpose knife. We had this designed and tested to make sure it fits well in the hand and can be easily controlled, the finger hole makes sure your hand is locked in place so there is no slip when you are cutting.
- Comfortable in the hand. This is a very important part of the Ulu design. Most designs can be geared towards looks and not actual function. Our design takes the best of both of these qualities and combines them to create a very comfortable, well versed handle.
- Fixed blade with full tang design. This blade runs through the whole knife, as all Bliss designs it is made from a single Damascus piece. This makes the knife as strong as it can possibly be.
- A manageable and Effective Blade. This blade is 5″ inches in length. It is bowed so that it can be rocked back and forth when you are slicing. The curved blade can also work well for skinning. When creating an Ulu design you have to be sure the blade can serve multiple functions.
- High Carbon Steel. As we do, this knife is made of fine Damascus steel layered to create a blend of steels to maximize flexibility and rigidity. This blend has proven to hold an edge for long periods of use compared to other brands. One reminder, with high carbon steel you must keep this blade dry while storing otherwise it will rust. You must remember to keep a rag and oil in your kit for maintain the blade. If there is to ever be a slight rust issue it is easily fixed with light sanding.
- Closing leather sheath. All outdoor Bliss knives come with a sheath, the sheath featured on the Bliss Ulu is one that can be closed for safe storing. It also features a belt loop if you ever intended to carry it.
These knives are made to order and take approximately 3-4 weeks to deliver to your door.
We at Bliss Knife Works fully stand behind every knife with the guarantee that it will last forever. That is our promise in bringing you the highest quality knives available. (See our warranty and disclaimer here).
This knife, if maintained well, will last a lifetime. (See care recommendations here).