Bliss Ulu (Signature)
The Bliss Ulu derives its style from the Ulu blade famously started in Alaska where it was used for purposes ranging from cleaning and skinning animals, cutting hair, or even used as an ice pick. When we first discussed the design with a client he told us that a good Ulu knife like ours could replace every other knife. He was correct: the Bliss Ulu can be a Chef knife, a skinning knife, or even a cleaver. Our Ulu is the epitome of a very multi-purpose knife. We designed and tested it to make sure it fits well in the hand and can be easily controlled. The finger hole locks your hand in place so there chance of a slip when you are cutting.
- Comfortable in the hand. The Ulu handle is Rams Horn with a finger hole. This is a very important part of the Ulu design. Most handle designs can be steered towards looks but not provide actual function. Our design takes the best of both of these qualities and combines them to create a very comfortable, very functional, and extremely efficient handle.
- Fixed blade with full tang design. This blade runs through the whole knife, as all Bliss designs it is made from a single Damascus Twist piece. This makes the knife as strong as is possible because there is no weakness or point of failure.
- Manageable, functional blades. This blade is 5″ inches in length. It is bowed so that it can be rocked back and forth when slicing. The curved blade can also work well for skinning. When creating an Ulu design you have to be sure the blade can serve multiple functions. Ours will exceed your expectations.
- High carbon steel. As we have done for years, we make these knives from fine Damascus steel layered to blend of the steels and maximize flexibility and durability. Our blend holds an edge longer than other brands. One reminder, with high carbon steel you must keep this blade dry while storing otherwise it will rust. You must remember to keep a rag and oil in your kit for maintain the blade. If there is to ever be a slight rust issue it is easily fixed with light sanding.
- Closing leather sheath. All outdoor Bliss knives come with a sheath. The sheath featured on the Bliss Ulu is one you can close for safe storage. It also features a belt loop if you ever intended to carry it.
These knives are made to order and take approximately 3-5 weeks until it is finished.
We at Bliss Knife Works fully stand behind every knife with the guarantee that it will last forever. That is our promise in bringing you the highest quality knives available. (See our warranty and disclaimer here).
This knife, if maintained well, will last a lifetime. (See care recommendations here).