The Panachete is the largest knife ever to come out of Bliss Knife Works. This 2′ long machete is an incredible example of Bliss Knife Works quality. Our craftsmen make it from a single Damascus billet that starts at the top of the knife and extends to the base of the hilt. You will never have to worry about breaking the blade or handle. This knife can take a serious beating without any damage. If you are a serious knife person, this is the choice for you. If you are a serious outdoorsman, you need a machete and the Panachete is the one you need. You won’t find the Panachete’s equivalent anywhere else.
- Comfortable in the hand. Comfort is very important for a machete. When you use a machete to hack through the jungle, cut brush for a blind, or just tackle a garden, it can strain the wrist. Not the Panachete! It has a well-made, comfortable handle that features a large brass bolster to lock your hand in place for safe swinging. It also has a lanyard hole so it can be tied to the wrist if necessary.
- Fixed blade with full tang design. If you ever see a machete that isn’t full-tang then they are doing it wrong. More importantly, it is dangerous! A full-tang design is essential for a machete because of how much abuse the knife takes. Our design has an extremely thick full-tang design so that it can take any amount of punishment required.
- Manageable, functional blades. The blade on our Panachete is 17” long, making it a large but very controllable machete. You must be able to use the blade without feeling overpowered. We paid attention to weight, size, and thickness when designing this blade. Testing was a success. The Panachete is very controllable and still large enough to get the job done.
- High carbon steel. As we have done for years, we make these knives from fine Damascus steel layered to blend of the steels and maximize flexibility and durability. Our blend holds an edge longer than other brands. One reminder, with high carbon steel you must keep this blade dry while storing otherwise it will rust. You must remember to keep a rag and oil in your kit for maintain the blade. If there is to ever be a slight rust issue it is easily fixed with light sanding.
- Leather sheath. All outdoor Bliss knives come with a sheath for safe storage. This knife was made for the outdoorsman. We provide a large leather sheath for safe storage. The Panachete sheath that protects the whole knife and can also be carried if required on a belt.
These knives are made to order and take approximately 3-6 weeks until it is finished due to the immense amounts of forging.
We at Bliss Knife Works fully stand behind every knife with the guarantee that it will last forever. That is our promise in bringing you the highest quality knives available. (See our warranty and disclaimer here).
This knife, if maintained well, will last a lifetime. (See care recommendations here).